Some of the most essential libido vitamins, minerals and nutrients include:
* Vitamin A helps regulate the synthesis of the sex hormone progesterone, which is important for that loving feeling.
* B-Vitamins are crucial for reacting and responding to our lovers, and for flow of blood to the sex organs.
* Vitamin B1 is essential for optimal nerve transmission and energy production throughout the body, which is vital to increase libido.
* Vitamin B-3 can enhance the sexual flush, increase blood flow to the skin and mucous membranes, and intensify the orgasm!
* Vitamin B-6 is integral because it controls elevated prolactin, a libido enhancer.
* Vitamin E is known as the king (or queen) of sex vitamins, and is sure to spice up your sex life.
* Vitamin C is important for the synthesis of hormones that are involved in sexuality and getting turned on.
* Magnesium is important for the production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters that modulate the urge down there.
* Selenium is imperative for sperm production and mobility. Nearly half of the selenium in a man's body is in the testes and seminal ducts. Men lose selenium in their semen.
* Zinc is required for the production of testosterone and other sexual hormones. The zinc content of the prostate gland and sperm is higher than in any other body tissues. It is equally vital for the women.
* Essential Fatty Acids are the building blocks for the production of sex hormones. They also help the body store the vitamins that keep us sexually active and full of desire.
* Vitamin D deficiency may leave your sex life cold and grey, while plenty of this most amazing vitamin will bring out the hots. Make sure you get plenty of sunlight whenever possible, as this is one of the best sources.
About the authorSheryl is a kinesiologist, nutritionist and holistic practitioner.
Her website www.younglivingguide.com provides the latest research on preventing disease, looking naturally gorgeous, and feeling emotionally and physically fabulous.