|Unidentified Meliponini bee, covered with pollen, visiting a flower of the Vegetable Sponge Gourd (Luffa cylindrica) in Campinas, Brazil (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
One complaint of diabetic patients is weight gain. Bee pollen can help patients deal with diabetes and the weight gain associated with it.
Bee pollen is considered the ultimate food because of its high content of nutrients that is unmatched by any other substance. This is the reason why besides diabetes, it is also used in lowering the risk of cancer and other forms diseases.
Bee pollen helps aid in managing weight with diabetes and its other complications because of its following benefits:
- it is not loaded with calories that can add up to a person’s weight. in fact, it is considered a low-calorie food.
- This substance also enhances a person’s metabolic process. This is essential in proper digestion of food in order for the calories and nutrients to be absorbed by the body.
- it contains an amino acid called phenylalanine that acts as a natural appetite suppressant. it makes a person crave less for food. Perfect for those with obesity problems besides diabetes.
- Lecithin is another component of this natural substance that can benefit those with diabetes and obesity problem. it helps dissolves excess fat in the body in order to be used as energy.
- it does not contain high sugar like those in honey. This is good news for diabetics who need to control their sugar intake.
Bee pollen can be taken as a supplement because eating it as it is may not be as pleasant as other food. Supplements are convenient and are easier to take. Unfortunately not all of it is made of good quality. Invest in supplements that use pure bee pollen without any preservative included.
The best pollens are those harvested in new Zealand because it is known to be one of the cleanest places on Earth. Pollens are affected by pollution and its potency greatly diminishes if gotten from polluted places.
So invest only in bee pollen supplements that are free from contaminants and toxins in order to help manage diabetes and obesity effectively.