Watch out for Scams! Kinoki foot pads: Sucking away toxins or just your money?

Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:56 PM
By Paige West, director of interactive projects

What it is: Kinoki Detox Foot Pads; $19.99; www.buykinoki.com



What it claims to do: The foot pads collect “harmful toxins” from your body while you sleep, says the manufacturer, by “cleansing and detoxifying your skin’s outer layers,” boosting your energy level and improving your health and wellness.

My experience: I was surfing the Web on a rainy Seattle night with the TV on in the background when whatever late-night show I’d been watching ended and suddenly, images of a woman in a kimono filled the screen as a voice-over told me about an ancient Japanese secret that would give me better health and well-being. The claims were so fantastic that it took me a while to decide whether I was watching a satirical sketch or an ad for a real product.

The item in question? The Kinoki Detox Foot Pad – and it’s real, all right.
CONTINUED >>

No comments: